Wednesday, April 4, 2012

crazy life!

There is a lot of moments that I ask myself "why am I doing this?" Staying at home with my kids, while rewarding, is challenging especially when you have a 1 year old that spends the day crying, crawling after you and nothing seems to help. Is it his ears (yet again), is it those teeth that are coming in, is it the switch from formula to milk - it's so hard to know sometimes... Just as I was thinking "why am I doing this? a friend of mine posted this link on her facebook page.

While my day has still been rough, it made me stop and think... THIS is why I am doing this...



Instead of sending him off to be with someone else, I am able to hold him, comfort him, FINALLY get him to fall asleep... and for those 10 minutes that I am able to give him my attention before I start chasing after the rest of the kids again, it's all about me and him. While some days are tough and I wish for that adult interaction that I used to have a lot of when I was teaching, I can never get these moments back and I am so blessed that I am able to be here with my kids to have them, so thankful that Josh has the work he does so that I can stay home and I just had to share that with you this time.

No comments: