Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Potty Training - 2nd go round...

We have been working with Beau on using the potty throughout the winter... He has shown practically no interest, even with his cousin Ellie potty training super early and wanting to "show" him all her accomplishments! :) (Rox thought this was gross, but I was all for whatever worked to get Beau rolling too! :) So, my newest tactic has been talking about preschool next year and how he can't go if he doesn't go potty on the potty. Well, this has obviously all of a sudden sunk in... Yesterday he got up, walked straight past me in the kitchen and headed for the bathroom. He walked out, night diaper and pajama pants in hand and said "me go pee on the potty, me go to school!" All right! We can work with that! So, we started a chart - that would be the teacher in me coming through! When he gets to the end, he gets a backpack for school... Man the excitement is overwhelming and he wants to move his guy all the time! Now if I can get him to stop peeing everywhere - on the driveway, in the garage, etc... Find a tree boy! :)

No comments: